Thursday, October 6, 2011

Health Update & First Come First Served Art Sale

Hi Everyone,

As that my health has not improved and I'm still unable to work, I find myself in a pretty tight spot with no income after five months. Thus I'm going to start selling off pieces that had been done for LA Gallery in Canada. They had contacted me last year and asked if I still had certain pieces, which I did not, so they asked if I wouldn't mind recreating them with some differences and then adding new pieces to this lot. The goal was to get twenty pieces done for them. This was a big break for me as that LA Galleries has branches in LA (USA) an Paris, these are brick and mortar REAL places not just an online presence. The trouble with online galleries is that NO ONE will EVER see your work. I had a deadline which was March 1st. Sadly due to my stay in the hospital I missed the deadline (the first time I ever miss one) and the contract I had with them was void. I've tried resubmitting and thought I'd hold the pieces, adding to them (my goal was to get forty done) and search out other galleries. But my present state forces me to have to break these pieces out and sell them. I'll be posting a few at a time and will be offering them as a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis, after 24 HOURS of my posting them, anything not sold in this manor will be posted on Etsy. Like it or not people, this is where I'll be selling my work until eBay allows me back and even then, not all of my work will be on eBay. Etsy is FREE to join and is easy to use. You sign up and buy. Easy as that. Its where Leonard Nimoy (you know, the original Spock from Star Trek) sells his work, so its good enough for me and you.

NEW PIECES WILL BE POSTED LATER THIS WEEK!!! PIECES THAT WERE LISTED HERE HAVE BEEN MOVED TO MY PAGE ON ETSY

If you don't see a piece of art that's for you right now, then please feel free to make a donation (see PayPal,DONATE button on the left) for any amount.

Each piece displayed here as a First Come, First Served. If you want a piece or pieces, then write me at: davidburtonart@gmail.com

No comments: